Friday, March 28, 2008

Village Children




PS - I hate internet connections! ... sorry about the no photos! I am trying again.

I had the most amazing trip to a town untouched by money, consumer goods, vehicles, stress, traffic, pollution, greed, and all the other negative things we encounter in everyday life. (Granted, they also didn't have all the nice "creature comforts" we have come to depend on ... like a comfy bed and pillows, chocolate, milk and cookies, TV, internet, phones ... )

Later I will write more about my life-changing experience stepping back 100 years to a small subsistance farming community ... but for now share some photos of the kids. So happy, playing and laughing, going to school in their little village, eating with extended families, playing without fear, sharing with all the other kids, in one big happy "family."

(They still werent used to photos, so didnt smile much, but you can see how beautiful they were!)

2 comments:

grubstake said...

Hi Amanda,
I could not figure out how to view your photos, but I assume they are there someplace. It is great to see you on an elephant. Or anyplace. Your blog is truly and magical tour, and I will definitely follow it more closely in the future. Such insights, true to your heritage.

ps said...

honey! you sound so lovely in your writing. i moved to phoenix and i miss you. xoxo