Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life in Paradise (May 27, 2008)

What do you do when you’ve found paradise? I ask myself. Is it possible to leave? But if you stay too long, does it stop being paradise? I hope to answer these questions someday.

Until then, I will remain in Paradise ... sleeping in until the sun warms my private cabana, waking up just enough to pull the door open and stare that the shimmering sea, a cool breeze sifting through the palm trees. I get up and move to my hammok on the porch, overlooking the most beautiful blue bay and sandy beach. I can practically see the fish swimming through the corals from my bungalow. I put on some music with my ipod and little speakers, relaxing in the morning sun. First item of order is slathering on sun-screen (the key is application BEFORE leaving the bungalow), tie on one of my suits (these kind have a little less material and are a bit more free than the office type), and walk to my swimming spot. The water is too shallow near my bungalow, so I go over the ridge to the beach on the other side, for a nice, deep area. Lap swimming has never been so fun - warm water, so salty you cant help but float, with a live aquarium of coral and fishies to keep me entertained as I breath, kick-kick, crawl, kick-kick. After my swim I lay out and soak up the sun, then go for a banana-yoghurt shake. delish.

The afternoon is filled with more sun, more swimming, some reading, some shade, a little fruit and we arrive at sunset-time. I am always sure to get back to my bungalow - take a cool, refreshing shower, then plant myself in my hammock to watch the sun set over the bay and palm trees. I really am in heaven.

Then I go for a massage. Why not? It’s only $8 for an hour. oh, and my paradise bungalow - $13. I really might just stay here forever.

No comments: